March 25th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 25th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

March is slowly slipping away, and April is almost here. Two shoots in NC were cancelled over the weekend due to questionable weather and wind. Two BIG50’s managed to be shot including Buckhorn and CCLEOA.

Wednesday the Buckhorn Gun Club hosted their first midweek BIG50 of 2024. David Nelson won the singles, Billy Soper and John Martin tied in the handicap with John winning by reverse run and Allan Davis won the doubles. David Nelson was the HOA winner and their next BIG50 is April 10th.

CCLEOA shot Friday and 9/6/3 stepped to the line for competition. Doyle Thigpen won the singles with a 48, Robert Poniatowski won the handicap with a 44 and Billy Soper won the doubles with a 46 and HOA with 134. Their next BIG50 is April the 5th.

Looking forward to this week the Durham County Wildlife Club will host a typical 300 program Saturday March 30th. Always a good time at DCWC and many years ago it hosted the North Carolina state shoot. Scarlett has provided a link to squad if you are planning to attend. Here is the Pre squad link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The South Carolina state shoot/North Carolina Hall of Fame is just a few weeks away. April 17 – 21 is a month early for the SC event which is normally held in May. If you are planning to attend the HOF banquet on Saturday night, please be sure to send that in and if you need a program, please let me know. I posted the SCHOF and NCHOF programs on the TarHeelTrap Facebook page. Bob Goodman and Greg High will be inducted into the HOF. Also, Marty Hill is classifying shooters prior to the shoot.

Harlan Campbell will be hosting clinics at the Rockingham County Gun Club over the next two weeks. Always good to have Harlan in the area and looking forward to good reports from his students. Also great to see him putting up some great scores at the Southern Grand and the Florida State shoot.

I was trying to get all the state winners from the Florida State shoot, and it looks like Max Demena won the singles, Hidalgo Rangel won the doubles and Matt Trammel and Kaye Ohye tied in the handicap. The handicap winners are not available currently. Matt Trammel won the HAA and Kaye won the HOA. I know weather played a factor in some of the events but what did you expect for Florida in March.

That is about it for this week and a big shout out to Scott Holdren and his win at the Florida state shoot. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, John, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem

Apologize for the delay in the smoke report. I changed my password last week and it did not like it. I tried to reset my PW and used an email address associated with another account I have on here named "mondo". So when I used the correct email address associated with my smokem account here I am..........oldtimers has set in looks like.....