Watauga Shoot Report For October 4th, 2008

Post shoot results!
smokem

Watauga Shoot Report For October 4th, 2008

Post by smokem »

Watauga Gun Club
October 4, 2008

How to start the report; well let’s just start with the weather. The weather couldn’t have been any better if you set down and ordered it. Carolina blue sky and no wind, a shooters dream.

Singles we had a bunch of shooters jump on 97 for a three way tie. That led to some powerful and mean coin flipping under the shed. Some day we are going to have to set Morgan down and explain how to run a coin flipping. When you have two people left, you need only one coin. My!My! Anyway when all was said and done we had a new shooter who had just finished one of George Sudderth shooting clinic take top honors, Doug Merkel. Glenn Brewer moved to take A class. Then a pair of 94s, Fred Rutherford and Todd Miller, took B and C class.

Then in Handicap we had Glenn Brewer gather up a half yard with a 96 and top honors. I know he was glad he made the drive up from Greensboro. Long and Mid was taken with another pair of 94s from George Sudderth and myself. Then there’s that new shooter Doug Merkel jumping on the short yardage with a 90.

Doubles we have our good friend Fred Rutherford out of Tenn. posting a 94 for champ. Then we have George jumping on AA with an 88 and Morgan posting a 90 for A Class. Here’s that same new shooter Doug Merkel for C Class with a 90. I do believe we will hear a lot from this shooter in the up coming year. But someone needs to explain to him that when you’re shooting well, you need to stay around to the last. But in his haste to get home to the honey-do-list he left Fred Rutherford to pick up the money for HOA.

Winners

Event One Singles
Number of Shooters 16

Champion John Waters
Doug Merkel and Glenn Brewer 97 Doug Merkel by Flip
AA Class George Sudderth 90
A Class Glenn Brewer 97
B Class Fred Rutherford 94
C Class Todd Miller 94
D Class Steve Lion 92
Vet Don Kaufman 96
SrVet Dempsey Allgood 87

Event Two Handicap
Number of Shooters 15

Champion Glenn Brewer 96
Long Yardage George Sudderth 94
Mid Yardage Tom Pitts 94
Short Yardage Doug Merkel 90

Event Three Doubles
Number of Shooters 11

Champion Fred Rutherford 94
AA Class George Sudderth 88
A Class Morgan Shaw 90
B Class John Waters 86
C Class Doug Merkel 90
D Class Charles Harmon 86

HOA

Fred Rutherford 94X89X94 277X300 By Forfeit
Doug Merkel 97X90X90 277X300

That is about it, what to say Thanks to all that took time out to come and help out. And then there is Carolyn the cook who always puts a great meal on the table.

Thanks to all and the best of Luck to all at the Hall of Fame next week.

Tom Pitts.