September 7th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 7th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy Holiday to all and of course working for the County I do have the day off. Buckhorn shot Saturday and Sunday and also shooting today. LCP is back up and running and I have their BIG50 report.

Buckhorn hosted a 3 day Labor Day extravaganza and I am sure their number 1 shoot reporter will submit a shoot report sometime tonight or Tuesday. I appreciate Mr. Johnson taking care of that and to all that submit shoot reports I appreciate it. To all that don't just let me know and I will peck it out.

Here is the BIG50 LCP report and I just cut and pasted it......We had a better turnout this week for the Big 50 with 8 shooters participating. Two of the eight were new shooters who joined this week. Welcome Mike Anselmo from St. James and Wayne Averill’s friend, Hewyard (hope I spelled that right) Lowry. Old man summer returned today with some nice 90 degree temps. YUK! Not having a breeze at all did not help matters. So much for the weather report, let’s get down to business. Harold Smith was unbeatable today running 50 straight again. That’s twice in the last three weeks. Nice shooting Harold. Now we all have a target. Our new shooter Mike Anselmo was one target back with a 49. I think I heard him say something about it being pretty tough when you shoot a 49 and lose. No problem Mike. Keep shooting 49’s and you will win. Next up was Mike Petrone who shot two 24’s for a 48. Mike is never happy shooting stinking 24’s. Wayne Averill finished fourth with a 47 and Pat Childers was next with a 46. Pat is shooting with his skeet gun while his trap gun is away for repairs. Terry Lewis was shooting a new gun and finished with a 39. Hewyard Lowry shot one round and rounded out the shooting with a 16. He started connecting after about 9-10 targets and his next score should be quite an improvement.

The internet was abuzz with reports that the WSRC was going to close and different info has been seeping out......Of course Trapshooters.com has some info but regardless it looks like the Grand will be held in Sparta for many years to come. Shutting down the complex for 2 months and the vendor buildings being closed isn't the worst thing that could happen. From what I hear different parts of the complex will be open including the restaurant. The best source of info is always the ATA website so check that url - http://www.shootata.com.

The South Carolina Hall Of Fame Shoot will be held on October 3rd and the Pigg brothers Donnie and Dickie will be inducted. They are both great fellows and I have enjoyed being around them for the last 14 years. I really want to make it down there but I think the wife has other plans for that day.

Bill Howe has been a traveling out West and I believe he left Salt Lake City last night heading for Charlotte. He should be back home and ready to get back out to doing some fall shooting. We have another NC couple out traveling around in their motor home and were last spotted in Gillette Wyoming with 4603 miles under their belt. I believe they will miss the HOF due to traveling back to NC.

I called Roger Shaffer Sunday and he hopes to make it to the NCHOF. He sounded good on the phone and stated that the gunsmith business was good. I asked him if he needed more business and he said not at this time. Also called Dave Daily and he was on the beach entertaining friends from Indiana and Pittsburgh. It won't be long before Dave retires and hopes to get out shooting a lot more often.

I ran up to the Rock Sunday to deliver a pound of Clays and maybe shoot a round or two. Irvine Earls was sitting there waiting for me and commenced to take me out and whoop me like a drum. He went 25/24/24 with a BT99 J.T. Brewer sold him a few years ago. Irvine teaches club members pistol classes and he is one heck of a shot. He won our last BIG50 fun shoot with a solid 96 and he is a certified Skeet shooter. I had fun and he did also and that is all that matters..... I did manage to break one 24 at least..... Jeff Galloway came up to test a 1100 that he had fixed and tested it on the doubles trap. Hunter and Debbie are in Florida visiting Patrick and his family.

Two shoots this weekend with Coharie on the 12th and Rockingham has moved their BIG50 to Sunday to coincide with the picnic.........Mac will post his info today and the weather looks like mid 80's and a 20% chance of precip. Sunday looks like low 80's and Sunny with a 20% chance of rain with winds at 5MPH......Looks like a great weekend to shoot for sure.

Ok......I am out of ammo and I hope everybody has a great Labor Day. I got a lot of honey-do's to do and then back to work. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week.............................................Smokem