September 14th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 14th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and I noticed a little cooler weather slipping into the Piedmont Plateau over the weekend. Fall is almost upon us and cool/cold weather trapshooting is right around the corner. The leaves and lenses changing and the smell of firewood on the line.......Watauga went to gas heat......bummer is something to really look forward to.

LCP shot Wednesday and I have cut and pasted the shoot report that is provided by Pat Childers: Top guns for this week at the Big 50 was shared by Pat Childers and Harold Smith with each breaking 47. Second place went to Paul Miraglia with a 42. That’s it folks. We started with 4 shooters but Terry Lewis left at the beginning of the second round when the thunder started. Probably the right move when you are standing out in the open waving a piece of iron which attracts lightning. Anyway the remaining three of us finished the round and then packed up just as the rain started coming down heavily. We were lucky to squeeze it in between rain showers today. Hope to see more shooters next week. Please note that the monthly registered shoot has been moved to this weekend to Saturday the 19th of September.....This is a change so please make a note of it.

Watauga and Coharie cancelled their shoots for the 12th due to inclement weather. The makeups for these shoots will be announced if and when they are rescheduled. Mac and Tom are great for posting their shoots and also posting the shoot report. It looks like both Ft. Bragg and LCP will be shooting this Saturday the 19th and I would imagine Marty will post the shoot program for the shoot sometime today. That leaves the Hall Of Fame at the Homegrounds on the 24th-27th of September. Terry Roush will be inducted into the NC Hall Of Fame at the Saturday night banquet in the clubhouse.

Rockingham hosted their BIG50 Sunday the 13th in conjunction with the club swapmeet/picnic. We had a good crowd on the porch gathered to watch some great shooting amidst windy conditions and intermittent cloud cover. Lane Murray led all singles shooters with the only 50 straight and Tom Brown posted the highest handicap score with a 45. The second Lewis was shared by four shooters with 79's and they included Dave Slaydon, Matt Bryant, Scott Shoulars and Jim Roland. The picnic was great with BBQ cooked on the grounds and hats off to the RCGC staff and Allan Brame for the cooking duties.

I hope everybody has a great week and I hope you enjoy the cooler weather this week. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week...........................Smokem