Buckhorn 12/6/2015

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 12/6/2015

Post by straightaway »

What a beautiful day in NC for Buckhorn's last registered shoot of 2015. If you didn't come out to shoot, you missed out. Skies were blue, wind stayed mild and the targets were perfect. It started out a little on the cool side but then warmed up to just right. We had shooters from all over the state show up and some great scores were shot.

There was even an empty chair on the porch as the resident "porch sitter" decided to come out and play.........

Three tied for singles champ with 99s and none of them had their big boy pants on as they ended up flipping for it. Now, I don't know about you, but, I have never seen a target break by flipping at it. Just sayin......

Handicap was won with a 95 and I believe Mr. Watson got moved with his half yard punch. Good shooting Steve

The doubles were perfect. Yours truly broke a 99 and...............I got my butt handed to me.........Johnathan Miller broke his first 100 straight. He was a little "tense" let's say, at the finish of it. You know the kind where you couldn't have shoved a greased needle in his _ _ _ by the time he got to the last pair. His hat was an immediate casualty. It was hammered into the ground by all present. Good shooting Mr. Miller.

Now for the scores

Singles 20 shooters
Champ John Miller 99 (won flip)
AA- Steve Watson 99 ( lost flip)
A- David Miller 99 (lost flip)
B -William Dudley 94
C- Ron Costanzo 94
D- William Banks 88
Sr Vet- Glenn Alford 88
Lady- Karole Miller
Junior- Brandon Matthews 91

Handicap 19 shooters
Champ- Steve Watson 95 (+.5 yd to 26)
Short- Ed Rabenda 93
Mid- Glenn Alford 84
Inter- Karole Miller 88
Long- Dan Johnson 90
Vet- Chuck Woody 93
Junior- Brandon Matthews 92

Doubles 9 shooters
Champ- Johnathan Miller 100
AA- Dan Johnson 99
A- Steve Watson 93 (I won't mention that Steve was the ONLY A shooter)
B- David Miller 87
C- Chris Powell 78
D- Randy Jones 79
Lady- Karole Miller 89

HOA Steve Watson 287

As usual, lunch was great, complete with "high calorie" deserts that didn't make it to the end of the day......
Also, as usual, Thank You to everyone that pitched in to help.
Ft. Bragg will shoot next weekend for the last time. I shot the very first shoot they had there and have watched the place evolve through multiple management changes. It's never a good thing to have a club cease to throw registered targets. Maybe at some point in the future it will be brought back........

That's it for now. Have a Great Day and be Safe! See you next time wherever it is. Dan