Buckhorn 3/13/2016

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 3/13/2016

Post by straightaway »

Another great day for shooting in North Carolina. Only a little of the predicted rain dampened just a few of us with most of it coming on the last field of Handicap for the final squad. Great scores were shot in all three events with 100 winning singles, 96 and 98 getting punches in the caps and four tied with 95s for doubles. Plenty of fun was had by all with a LOT of good natured ribbing going around.

We had 23 shoot singles, 19 for caps and a dozen for doubles. Targets were a little sporty with the spring breeze moving them whenever it took a notion, a worm burner here and a moon rocket there, kept us all on our toes. Some were ready to start when it was their turn, others were not....

Singles
Champion - Dan Johnson 100
AA - John Miller 98
A - Walter Mabe - 98
B - John Martin 97
C - Ron Costanzo 90
D - William Banks 82
Sr Vet - Charlie Brown 95
Vet - Steve Morgan 96
Junior - Brandon Matthews 97
Sub Jr - Ean Wagoner 82

Handicap

Champion - Chris Powell 96 (+.5 yd)
Short - "Princess" Daniel Emory (go ahead, ask him) 94
Mid - Walter Mabe 93
Inter - JD Goodwin 90
Long - Dan Johnson 88
Sr Vet - William Dudley 85
Vet - Greg High 85
Lady - Karole Miller 89
Junior - Brandon Matthews 98 (+1 yd)
Sub Jr - Ean Wagoner 82

Doubles

Now, I will state that I am ashamed, I was strong armed and placed under duress to settle this mess. I was attacked by management and other TuTu wearing competitors and coerced into flipping to decide the outcome. I am embarrassed.

Champ - Walter Mabe 95 (won flip)
AA - Dan Johnson 95 ........
A - JD Goodwin 95 (lost flip)
Sr Vet - Charlie Brown 94
Vet - Greg High 95
Junior - Brandon Matthews 87
Sub Jr - William Owens 67

HOA - Wanker Mabe 286

As usual, we couldn't do this without the faithful. I'd start naming them only I don't want to take a chance on forgetting anyone. Please, take the opportunity to lend a hand when you can.

More and more targets will be in the air soon as we enter a full schedule going forward. Please support as many NC clubs as you can. I guarantee there are great people at each and every one of them.

See you next time wherever it is, Until then, be safe. Dan