Buckhorn Gun Club Shoot Report - 1/25/2009

Post shoot results!
smokem

Buckhorn Gun Club Shoot Report - 1/25/2009

Post by smokem »

A small group of dedicated cold weather trapshooters took the line today at the Buckhorn Gun Club. Weather was as predicted cold, overcast and thank the Lord the wind was minimal at best. I arrived as Steve Morgan was headed home and he stated that he was headed home to warm up.

Trey Wilburn rolled in from Virginia and Phil Berkowitz rolled in from New Bern. Folks traveled a long way to shoot today and I know the BGC crew appreciates the patronage. Needless to say the spirits of all in attendance was great and everybody that wasn't shooting was sitting in the warm, cozy clubhouse.

Singles - 16 shooters took the line for singles and VA shooter Trey Wilburn was 1 target away from perfect to take the higun spot. Steve Morgan took A, Phil Davis took B, Don Gray broke an impressive 98 to take C, Ann Morgan took lady, Phil Berkowitz took vet and Addison Callan took subjr.

Handicap - 10 shooters took the line and local Andrew Carroll took the top spot and got the invisible punch. Ann Morgan took short, Lane Murray took mid, Ike Branthwaite took intermediate after a foot race with Marty Hill, Trey Wilburn took long, Addison Callan took subjr and Phil Berkowitz took vet.

Singles - 16 shooters
99 - HiGun - Trey Wilburn (VA)
96 - A - Steve Morgan
93 - B - Phil Davis
98 - C - Don Gray
81 - Lady - Ann Morgan
76 - SubJr - Addison Callan
92 - Vet - Phil Berkowitz

Handicap - 10 shooters
84 - TopGun - Andrew Carroll
78 - Short - Ann Morgan
81 - Mid - Lane Murray
80 - Int - Ike Branthwaite foot race with Marty Hill
NSR - Long - Trey Wilburn

No doubles were shot today! BGC staff would like to thank everybody that attended and everybody that pitched in to help. Word on the street is that BGC will hold a registered shoot this upcoming weekend on either Saturday or Sunday weather permitting. I will post the info as soon as I get it and will also post it on trapshooters.com.

Also, BGC hopes to create an opportunity for folks to shoot registered targets on Wednesday's. As the weather gets better and the days get longer folks will be able to register singles, handicap and doubles. Targets will be offered at $16 per 100 along with the daily fee. Shooting would begin +/- 1PM on Wednesday's and would conclude when all events are finished. We will let you know as soon as the shooting season begins for the Wednesday program.

Also, BGC would like to add a "Silver Dollar" option on Handicap events in the near future. There would be a $5 entry fee with a minimum of 5 shooters participating. The winning score would be based on a "blind draw" of two fields in the handicap event. This "blind draw" would happen after the handicap event to determine the winner. This added option will be posted in the shoot program when it becomes available.

Don't forget that BGC will probably be hosting a 300 target program this weekend weather permitting! :lol:

Click on the link for all the pictures from the event:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow

straightaway

Post by straightaway »

pathetic, absolutely pathetic. once again the 'lustrous potate of the BGC failed to participate in his own club's event. others drove many, many miles to enjoy the hospitality and comraderie offered at this fine establishment, but not James!

oooh it's too cold, oooh it's to windy, oooh i'm just a big sissy.............

c'mon Jimmy, shoot and make me proud, or put on a PINK SKIRT and go to the skeet field and play slap a$$

Jeri truly is "The Man" of the Wilson household!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Have a Great Day! Dan