September 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and doing a smoke report on 9/11 brings back a few memories. One trap shoot over the weekend at the Durham County Wildlife Club and several events coming up this weekend. NOTE: CCLEOA cancelled their BIG50 this Friday please make a note of it.

Durham County shot Saturday and had some weather issues to deal with. 11 entries in the singles and the first squad didn’t even get to shoot until noon. Only three shot the entire 100 with 10 just able to shoot 75 targets. Greg Robinson led all shooters with a 99 before the bottom fell out. Scarlett said she will write a report and hopefully we will post it next week.

Ft. Bragg shoots this Saturday, and they are offering a typical 300-target program. Hopefully you have updated your ATA membership for the new target year and the ATA is now charging $4 for daily fees so don’t be shocked if that pops up on your squad assignment printout.

The Rockingham County Gun Club will host their annual “Memorial” shoot this Saturday. Typical 300 target program with $400 added money. $100 has been donated for each event and the HOA. Lane Murray donated in memory of Elmo Matkins for the singles. Sandy Wyatt donated for the handicap in the memory of her late husband Lewis Wyatt. Freddy Redmon donated for the doubles in honor of JC Nunn and an anonymous donor donated for the HOA in honor of an early RCGC trap director Joe “Catfish” Nimer. Also, the MID50 post is $1,635.00 and has been sitting out there for quite some time. Come on out and it looks like high 70’s and sunny from the long-range forecast. Also, Sunday we will host a BIG50 will start shooting at 2PM. 50 singles and 50 caps with a Lewis style payout. You do not have to be an ATA member to shoot in the BIG50.

Looking out a month, the Rockingham County Gun Club will host a BIG50 October 14th to celebrate ATA National Trapshooting Month. The board of the Rockingham County Gun Club approved funds to provide Shamrock leather trophies with a the NTM logo on all the items. This is the third time RCGC has offered these nice trophies, and we hope you can join us. We would appreciate folks contacting us if you are coming so we can be sure we have enough food for lunch and enough trap help. The last time we offered these trophies we ran out of light for the doubles, and we vowed that would never happen again. It is also a way of saying thanks to all the folks that have supported the club over the years.

So, I guess the question is where were you on the morning of 911? I was at home recovering from a scope on my right knee. I opted to postpone my surgery until after the Grand in Vandalia. I got up and got dressed and made it into the front of the house where the TV was and where I could prop my leg up. I noticed the first tower smoking and was listening to Katie Couric and Matt Lauer discuss the situation. Just about the time I was trying to wrap my mind around what I was seeing the second plane made contact. That is about all I will discuss about it, but I sure would like an explanation of how the third building fell.

Prayers for all the deceased and all the survivors and all the folks that had to witness that carnage on that day. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Phil, Mac, Thea and Anne and until next week………smokem

One more thing and that is congratulations to Ida and Jeff Galloway on the birth of their second child Sophia. Mom and daughter are doing well and looking forward to holding her in my arms soon.