October 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weather weekend in North Carolina except for hail and some windy conditions. Old Hickory shot over the weekend along with the folks at Hog Heaven. Three events in NC this week with CCLEOA Friday, Watauga Saturday and Buckhorn Sunday.

Old Hickory shot over the weekend, and it was the Karole Miller show with her winning the singles, doubles and the HOA. Allan Davis got a ½ yard punch for his 90 in the wind. Marty reports that the shoot schedule for 2024 OH@RM will be published shortly.

Three events here at the end of October. CCLEOA shoots their monthly BIG50 Friday, and I do have the shoot report for their last event. Watauga shoots a 300-target program Saturday and always fun in Boone that is for sure. You can also take the time to congratulate LilD Tollison on the announcement that he is going to be a daddy. The unveiling took place at the Watauga Gun Club with a special clay target thrown in the air. When the BLUE smoke appeared, it was clear it would be a boy. We have a BIG D a Lil D and a Mini D on the way.

Buckhorn shoots Sunday and back in the day gun clubs would dress up for Halloween for their October shoot. I mean you could let your imagination run wild on what costumes certain people would wear but I will let you use yours.

CCLEOA hosted BIG50 on October 13th and it looks like some good scores were broken. Bob Poniatowski, Ric Evans and Billy Soper broke 47’s in the singles. Billy Soper won the handicap (46), and the doubles (42) and HOA (135). They shoot this Friday and the more the merrier.

Back in the day Ft. Bragg (Liberty) would host a November trapshoot and the highlight would be the deep-fried turkeys Marty Hill would cook for lunch. All the fixings along with that delicious bird almost made you want to take a nap before the handicap. I mean everyone looks forward to the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with their family and I guess for the most part trapshooters are like family if you think about it. Maybe Marty will slip a November shoot in 2024 one could only hope……I will donate the Turkeys…….

Ok that is about it for this week. The shoot schedule will slow down a bit during the winter but several clubs in NC, SC and VA will be hosting shoots during the winter. I noticed a bunch of folks shooting penalty this year due to not enough targets being shot. Currently Watauga, Rockingham, Buckhorn, Durham County, Ft. Bragg (Liberty), Charlie Brown, CCLEOA register ATA targets.

Have a great week everybody and I hope you get to shoot at one of our NC clubs this week. Hello to Scott in PA, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, Thea and Anne and until next week………smokem
dean

Re: October 23rd Smoke Report

Post by dean »

Gastonia Trap and Skeet Range just installed new machines. Also wireless voice calls................. Pubic range, come and check it out
smokem

Re: October 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Thanks, Dean, for that info. Any idea on what kind of machines were installed?

Freddy