December 18th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Well, it is that time of year again and my next smoke report will be written on Christmas eve. I hope you and your family are looking forward to a great holiday season. Not much shooting going on with cooler weather setting in.

CCLEOA shot Friday and I am waiting on the shoot report. Watauga cancelled their BIG50 due to all the weather issues across the state. The only remaining shoots scheduled for December are Watauga’s BIG50 on the 31st and Buckhorn’s 300 target shoot on the 31st also. I would imagine that Spartanburg in SC and Brushy Mountain in VA will host shoots on the 6th of January.

I remember a story about a fellow that rode all the way to Old Hickory at Bostic only to find out that they were not hosting a registered event. The moral of the story is when in doubt you had better check it out. Also, the 2024 NCTA shoot calendar is filling up. Old Hickory has established their dates but have yet to be added to the calendar.

I will start Monday calling folks and wishing them a Merry Christmas. It is something I have done over the years, and it is great. I mean you can’t send Christmas cards to everyone you know that would be something. I mean the chances of folks calling me are slim but that doesn’t keep me from calling them.

From what I am seeing on Facebook there are quite a few clubs around the country that hosted or are hosting money shoots, and some are rather big events. Of course, some states have quite a few more clubs that throw targets and are not registered.

Eric Sherer loaded up and delivered a load of Christmas gifts that were collected at the Buckhorn Gun Club. Christmas Cheer of Alamance County will distribute these gifts to needy families. This is something BGC has done for many years and will continue to do in the future.

Ok that is about it for this week and as I said before I hope everyone has a great week leading up to Christmas. If you want me to send you my Amazon gift wish list just let me know…..Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem.
smokem

Re: December 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »