February 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy Super Bowl Monday everybody! Not sure how the week is going to go but the snow is melting in the mountains. Not much to report as far as trap shoots go in North Carolina but South Carolina is hosting some well attended BIG50’s.

Two shoots listed for this Sunday with a BIG50 at Watauga and a typical 300-target event at the Buckhorn Gun Club near Mebane NC. Weather is looking good for both locations with Boone reporting a tad bit cooler. Just wondering if newly retired golf phenom Dan Johnson will make an appearance at BGC Sunday?

Speaking of Dan, he has just retired and is settling in slowly by golfing as much as he can looks like. He gave me all the details of all the years worked and his decision to call it a day. Since stepping away from trapshooting he is very involved in golf and said he had 22 events scheduled in the upcoming months. I can’t wait to see you on the line harassing Jimmy, Darvin, John and Karole….

Former NC resident John Sandell is on his way South with a brief stop in Charlotte. Must be nice to head to Florida for milder temps and abundant sunshine. Hopefully he will share his shooting exploits while traveling around the state.

I looked at the 7th Annual Siver Dollar Open Shoot, and it looks like it was well attended. Tiffany Decker won several Lady I trophies in singles and handicap and looks like she shot well in doubles also. If you have never shot at the Dollar is quite an experience and put it on your bucket list.

That is about it for this week folks. It won’t be long before the bugs will be out, and the days will be longer. I have been trying to plan my shoot calendar for this year and I hope to be busy shooting this year. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, John, Thea and Anne and until next week………smokem