February 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning from Jamestown NC. Cool windy weather in the area over the weekend and hope you had a chance to get out and practice. I was hoping to get more of a shoot report from Buckhorn but I guess you will get to read about it in Trap & Field in two months.

Brushy Mountain VA and Spartanburg South Carolina shoot Saturday and Watauga hosts a BIG50 Sunday. A quick look at the weather for all three events are possibly moist but with temps in the low 60’s. But at least it isn’t 32 degrees and sleeting.

The Spring Grand American cranked up in Tucson Wednesday. 299 registered entries with almost 220 +/- sub/vet/srvets with the rest other categories. The weather must have played a part in some of the low caps scores but Saturday the 200’s did appear. Take a look at www.shootscoreboard.com for more details. Hunter Galloway and his wife flew out Saturday for an ATA EC meeting and they hope to visit the Grand Canyon and the Sedona area before returning home.

Just recently I ran across a vendor that is selling shell catchers and shell deflectors for a variety of automatics. Last year I witnessed bad behavior generated by shells not being caught or deflected. Realistically you really need to catch or deflect your shells if possible. I have an A400 with a shell catcher, but this vendor sells a deflector for doubles. I have been trying to get the word out because a lot of youth shooters have automatics, and this might be a good solution to knock down those ejected hulls. Go to www.lpgworks.com for all the details.

That is going to do it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week and before you know it DST will be here. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Phil, Mac, John, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem