Rockingham Trap/Skeet Lewis Class Fun Shoot - 3/5/2011

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham Trap/Skeet Lewis Class Fun Shoot - 3/5/2011

Post by smokem »

Roger Haney posted the top score today to win the Rockingham Gun Club’s Trap/Skeet Lewis Class Shoot. He posted a 46 in the trap portion of the event and then broke a 25 in skeet and a 23 in skeet doubles. The weather was overcast and the wind was a blowing all day but that didn’t seem to bother Roger not one bit.

We had some new faces shooting today and it was good to see Paul Dyson participating and even Glenn Brewer broke the 410 out for the skeet portion of the competition. Lonnie brought Ross and Austin with him today and they shot great.

There were 5 places paid today in the shoot and here are the folks that won the money. The neat thing about this shoot is that the top guy and the bottom guy wound up winning the same amount of money. Of course the top guy gets the bragging rights for sure. Matt O’Bryant and Chris Shoulars tied for 2nd, Gary Daniels and Tom Brown tied for 3rd, Jason Lawrence won 4th and his running buddy David McCollum brought up the rear for 5th.

Lunch was provided and offered between the trap and skeet segments of the shoot. Hot dogs, baked beans, chips, cookies and deep dish cherry cobbler (made by Lee Ann) filled the competitors before they hit the skeet fields. Thanks to Scott Shoulars (he was supposed to shoot) and the lovely and talented Lee Ann for getting it all together.

This is the first time since I have been a member of the club that I remember a Trap/Skeet fun shoot. It looked like everybody had a great time and there was a whole lot of laughter to go around. I would imagine that there might be some practicing going on after this trial event.

Lewis Wyatt proved today that he shoots better skeet than he does trap singles. He did everything he could do to shake up JC Nunn today and it did not work. When the dust settled JC and Lewis “tied” for the event and JC was tickled on the outcome. JC broke a skeet target today that so far down on the ground dirt came up as the bird was broken.

I took quite a few pictures of folks shooting during the skeet portion of the program. Some pictures are better than others and I decided not to show pictures if there wasn’t a target in the air. I will try to do better the next time this event happens.

Thanks to all that organized the shoot including Lane Murray, Tom Cox and Roger Haney. Thanks to all the refs and target loaders, it is much appreciated.

Mash on the link below for more pictures from the Rock:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow