Coharie Shooting League Scores - 3/5/2011

Post shoot results!
smokem

Coharie Shooting League Scores - 3/5/2011

Post by smokem »

Coharie held its first shoot of the year on March 5 with 16 shooters. In attendance were 3 new shooters registering their first ATA targets, brothers Michael and Barry Graham and Jerry Kinlaw. Al l three are new members at CSL and have only been shooting for 3-4 months. Michael Graham performed exceptionally well winning his class in singles and doubles and his yardage group in handicap and was only 4 birds off HOA. These 3 gentlemen are welcome additions to CSL and NC trapshooting. Addison Callan and his Mom were in attendance. Unfortunately, the ejector on Addison’s gun broke after about 6 shots and he had no backup but finished the singles program with a gun borrowed from Chase Reese and then decided not to shoot caps and doubles. We hope he can have his gun repaired quickly as he has been shooting so well. Recall he recently won Sub Jr HAA at the Spring Grand at Tucson. We were happy to see Chase Reese and his Mom. Chase has a busy weekend shooting with us and then having his Eagle Scout ceremony on Sunday. Congratulations to a super young man and to his Mom for her support of him and his shooting. I know she is so proud of him. When I complimented Glenda on Chase’s politeness and helpfulness, her comment was “well, I beat him a lot as a child”. I suspect that was not needed. It was also great to see Joe Brumfield back from his tour in Afghanistan. Recall he won our Mid 50 his last time at Coharie. Not so lucky this time but he shot well. Unfortunately for us, he is moving to Virginia. We also said farewell to Phil Berkowitz who informed us he is moving to Florida soon. We will miss shooting with Phil and wish him well in Florida. We enjoyed shooting with Karole and John Miller who attended their first shoot at Coharie and we enjoyed the cookies which Karole brought. We had a great lunch of chili and slaw with sides cooked by Ann Herring.

It was windy and then windy some more today. The targets did funny things and we had difficulty figuring them out. Greg High and Al Williams must have turned on the concentration buttons with both shooting 96 in singles. Al lost the flip to Greg.

Singles: 16 shooters

Champ Greg high 96 flip over Al Williams

AA Al Williams 96

A Joe Brumfield 93

B John Lloyd 91

C Michael Graham 93

D Al Mazza 79

Lady Karole Miller 78

Jr. Chase Reese 85

Sub-Jr Addison Callan 90

Vet George Brown 91

Handicap: 14 shooters so no earned yardage

Champ Joe Brumfield 90

Short Michael Graham 89

Mid John Lloyd 89

Long Mac Herring 89

Lady Karole Miller 85

Jr Chase Reese 84

Vet George Brown 85

Sr Vet Al Mazza 76

Doubles: 9 shooters

Champ Mac Herring 95

AA Greg High 94

B Al Williams 83

C Michael Graham 85

D Joe Brumfield 78

Lady Karole Miller 79

Jr Chase Reese 80

High Over All

Mac Herring 271 x 300 (even after a miserable 87 in singles.)

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped score and load targets. Our nest shoot is April 2.

Mac Herring